Recipe provided for you from: Wholesum Yum.
Please click link to see recipe and directions: HERE
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for several minutes more. Add the tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque. Pour in the coconut milk and Sriracha sauce (or Sambal Oelek), and cook just until heated through – do not boil. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro. Cold beer optional.
If you can’t eat shrimp, you can substitute any mild white fish, or even chicken, for the protein in this recipe and it will taste just as amazing!
Creamy cauliflower and ham soup
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (frozen is fine – abut 24 oz)
- 6 cups ham stock or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 cups chopped ham
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee, bacon fat, or coconut oil)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the cauliflower, stock, water, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Blend in the pot with an immersion blender (or remove to a large blender and blend in batches then return to the pan) until smooth. Stir in the ham, and thyme leaves and simmer another 10 minutes. Add the butter and apple cider vinegar. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Keto jalapeno popper soup
- 4 slices raw bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 Tbl salsa verde
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 large jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a medium saucepan until crisp – remove and chop for garnish and set aside.
- In the same pan, along with the bacon grease, add the heavy cream, water or broth, and cream cheese.
- Simmer gently, stirring often, until the cream cheese has melted and the liquid is smooth.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, salsa verde and shredded cheeses until completely incorporated.
- Meanwhile, wash the jalapenos and broil or grill them until softened and charred.
- Remove the skins and seeds and chop finely.
- Add to the soup and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To thicken further, add the optional 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with chopped bacon.
Spicy tomato blue cheese soup
MICHAEL SYMON’S SPICY TOMATO AND BLUE CHEESE SOUP
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 28 oz San Marzano tomatoes with their juice (1 can)
- 1 ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- ½ cup Roth Käse Buttermilk Blue cheese
- Greek yogurt for garnish
- Hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and a three-fingered pinch of salt and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to sweat for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, their juice, and the stock and bring to a simmer. Tie up a sprig of oregano and place it into the soup with the string hanging over the side of the pot. Add the cream, sriracha sauce, and oregano and simmer for 10 to 25 minutes.
- Remove oregano sprig. Pour the soup into a blender, add the blue cheese, and blend until smooth, working in batches if needed. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean pot, taste, adjust the seasoning if necessary, and reheat to serve. The soup will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for a few days.
- When serving top with a dollop of greek yogurt and some extra hot sauce.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Toni Sweeney is a Triple Certified Ketogenic Diet and Primal Health Coach and weight loss expert who personally lost 80 pounds while making a total lifestyle change. The founder of Bee-Xtreme Supplements and TS Transformations her formulas and plans has helped thousands of women lose weight and keep it off forever.