You can make this type of body wraps at your home, and it is as effective as the expensive body wraps you get in salons and spa centres. By using all natural ingredients, you can prepare wraps that help you lose weight faster, ban cellulite, and detox your body.
How To Create A Body Wrap Lotion
Here’s how to prepare a body wrap lotion for weight loss, detox and anti-cellulite, and save thousands of dollars!
You can prepare your body wrap with various ingredients that you can find in your pantry. Just make sure that these ingredients are all natural.
1. Herbal Body WrapYou can make a herbal wrap by using lavender, essential oils, sandalwood, lemon grass, herbs, rose petals and the like. Just choose your favourite ingredients and follow these instructions to prepare your own herbal body lotion:
- Boil some water (from 100ml to whatever you want, depending on the area you need to cover) and add a pinch of sea salt into it.
- Keep it boiling until the salt gets dissolved.
- Add your favourite ingredients.
- Let them boil for about 2 more minutes.
- Allow them to cool for some time and then the herbal lotion is ready for wrapping.
Follow the 5 steps below to apply this DIY body wrap on your affected area. Keep in mind that this herbal wrap should be warm when it’s applied.
2. Anti-Cellulite Body WrapYou can make a DIY body wrap that fights cellulite with just 3 ingredients:
- Seaweed powder (1 cup);
- Olive oil, or almond oil (45ml);
- Warm coffee (2 cups).
Mix all the ingredients together until smooth and follow the 5 steps below to finally get rid of the cellulite.
3. Weight Loss Body WrapYou can make a DIY body wrap that speeds up the weight loss process with just 2 ingredients:
- Bentonite powder;
- Green tea.
The quantity of the ingredients is at your free choice. Just to give you an idea, start with 2 cups of green tea and add bentonite powder until it has the consistency you want (until it looks like a lotion, of course).
Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden or plastic spoon (a metal spoon will react to bentonite) until smooth and follow the 5 steps below to boost your weight loss.
4. Detox Body WrapYou can make a DIY body wrap that helps your body to detox with just 3 ingredients:
- Bentonite powder;
- Apple cider vinegar;
Mix one cup of each ingredient together until smooth and follow the 5 steps below to give your body a fine detox.
5. Buy A Natural LotionYou can also use lotions from a natural health store that contain:
- Anything from the sea (for cellulite): mud, seaweed, or kelp.
- Fennel seed, ginger root, apple cider vinegar, or chamomile (for relaxation and detox).
- Bentonite, or cayenne (for weight loss).
How To Apply The DIY Body WrapHere are 5 steps you should follow to correctly apply a DIY body wrap. Let’s check them out in detail.
1. Prepare Yourself
Choose a calm and clean area in the house where you can apply this body wrap. Spread a sheet on the floor as the lotion may make it a bit messy.
Or you can do all this body wrapping process in your shower, where it’s easier to clean.
2. Apply The Solution
Apply the solution on the problematic area, such as your tummy. Or you can apply it all over your body if you want. There’s nothing wrong with that, only great results overall.
You can start at your ankle and then work your way up. Grease your buttocks, thighs, belly, arms and chest, but make sure you have someone to help you with the wrapping, since I’m pretty sure you can’t do it by yourself.
The mixture should feel a bit warm on the skin, but not too hot. If necessary, you can reheat the mixture before applying it, to make sure it’s not cold. This way you’ll be sure that the thermal effect takes place.
3. Wrap The Area
This is the part where you should wrap your belly (in this case) with plastic wraps. After that, use a bandage to hold things together. If you want, you can tie the bandage with metal clips to keep it tight. Just make sure it’s not overtly tight and painful.
Leave the DIY body wrap anywhere between 40 and 60 minutes. During this time, it is important to keep your body warm. You can move around a little, or you can perform any kind of low impactful exercises.
You can also cover yourself with a blanket to keep your body warm.
5. Rinse It Off
After an hour, rinse the wrap off. Take a shower and gently rub or massage the skin.
Useful Tips And NotesHere are some useful tips you should keep in mind when trying to get rid of cellulite, detox your body or speed up your weight loss process through a DIY body wrap:
- Goat’s milk, whole milk or witch hazel added to the lotion prove to be very useful in the skin exfoliation process.
- Optional, you can add to the lotion about 2 drops of your favourite diuretic essential oil from this list: cypress, fennel, grapefruit, rosemary, juniper, geranium.
- If using bentonite or seaweed in your homemade lotion, apply just a thin layer.
- If you are finding it difficult to wrap your body on your own, you can ask any of your friend or family members for assistance.
- Avoid all unhealthy substances prior to the wrap. Stay away from fatty foods, caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes at least 48 hours before you apply the wrap.
- Drink plenty of water before applying this DIY body wrap. It will help to remove unwanted toxins from the body.
- Use this treatment every day, for at least a week to see the best possible results.
- These DIY body wraps are not meant to be used by anyone who is pregnant, menstruating, or constipated.
- Don’t even think about wrapping your body if you’re suffering from any kind of disease. Get your doctor’s permission first!
LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Toni Sweeney is a Triple Certified Ketogenic Diet and Primal Health Coach and weight loss expert who personally lost 80 pounds while making a total lifestyle change. The founder of TS Transformations, her formulas and plans has helped thousands of women lose weight and keep it off forever.