The average american will consume 2400 calories today!! Keep that in mind before you indulge in all that partying today!!
Experts also say the losing team will consume more than the average amount as people tend to eat when their feelings are hurt! Watch out Panther’s fans. You may be going overboard today!! =)
- Guacamole: A half an avocado counts as one serving of healthy fats. Dip your chips or veggies until you hit around that portion size. Blend with a Greek yogurt, salsa, a dash of garlic powder, and squeeze of lime.
- Baked Buffalo Wings: One typical fried wing with dressing will cost you 125 calories. Drop the fat content by boiling the wings before baking them. The protein will fill you up and taste delicious with extra hot sauce served with a side of fresh carrot and celery sticks.
- Veggie Tray: One cup of veggies is filling and usually under 50 calories, compared to a handful of potato chips, which can stack up to 200 calories. Slice up some carrots, celery, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers, and line them up in a colorful array.
- Skinny Dips: Bring a healthy, low-calorie with your veggie tray, such as black bean dip for protein and fiber, or a 35-calorie per dollop hummus option.
- Salad Pizza: A whole wheat crust is the foundation for creativity when it comes to making a pizza. The potential to keep it healthy is endless, such as a fresh tomato, basil, and mozzarella with balsamic or a chop salad tossed onto the crust with a light vinaigrette dressing. Meanwhile, two regular slices of pizza could put you at 600 in calorie debt.
- Quality Chips: Put the fried potato chips and cheese doodles down! Now go pick up a baked tortilla chip with a lentil or bean base with high fiber. Empty carbohydrates leave you feeling hungry and reaching for more munchies, but a high fiber snack will keep you fuller longer.
- Zucchini and Sweet Potato Fries: Great sources of vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. Slice vertically and toss in an egg white wash. Dip them into panko crumbs and baked at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size. Toss some spices into the panko to mix it up.
- Shrimp Skewers: It’s an easy and delicious dish, but beware not to cross contaminate platters if a guest has a shellfish allergy. Shrimp have a high concentration of antioxidants known to reduce inflammation and pack in 1 gram of protein per shrimp.
- Fresh Fruit with Yogurt Dip: Ignore the saturated fat baked goods spread out on the table and treat your sweet tooth to some fresh fruit. It’s customizable, and it’s easy to make an attractive presentation with the colors. Swirl some yogurt or cinnamon into the yogurt to give it a contrast of flavor.
- Spicy Popcorn: Choose a low-fat, low-sodium variety of popcorn if you’re going prepackaged. If not, make it yourself from kernels and toss some paprika, cheeses, chili powder, and other mouthwatering spices into a bag and shake it around. Popcorn is one of the whole grains and aids in digestion.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Toni Sweeney is a Triple Certified Ketogenic Diet and Primal Health Coach and weight loss expert who personally lost 80 pounds while making a total lifestyle change. The founder of TS Transformations, her formulas and plans has helped thousands of women lose weight and keep it off forever.